September is one of our favorite months of the year! The weather is fantastic, still sunny and warm but not as humid as the summer months. There are a ton of events, especially foodie ones and you can enjoy all of the fall and Halloween festivities early. Crowds are also a lot more manageable and you can really enjoy attractions with less lines and crowds.
What is the weather like?
Warm, sunny but not as humid as the summer months. Temperatures are still high in the 90F (32C) range but much more enjoyable compared to June through August. Be prepared for afternoon showers, these are pretty common in the summer but even more so starting September.
Events you can’t miss this September in Orlando and Kissimmee:
Epcot’s International Food and Wine Festival:
Sip, savor and stroll your way around the world! Enjoy drinks, treats and so much more while you stroll through the park. This festival is a must-visit and be prepared to eat your heart out. We can’t wait to try Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese with Riesling-Poached Pears in The Alps by Germany, the Beer-Braised Beef served with Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes in Belgium, the Adobo Yuca Fries with Garlic-Cilantro Aïoli, and the Paella with Rice, Chorizo and Shrimp in Spain.
You can find the entire list of marketplaces and their offerings here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/food-wine-marketplaces/
There is also kid friendly activities (Check out more info here) and live music, here is the musical talent for the month of September
- Southern Avenue September 2 and 3
- Kris Allen & David Cook
September 4 and 5
- Hoobastank – NEW!
September 9 and 10
- Jimmie Allen
September 11 and 12
- Los Amigos Invisibles – NEW!
September 16 and 17
- American Authors
September 18 and 19
September 23 and 24
- Postmodern Jukebox
September 25 and 26
- Stokley – NEW!
September 30 and October 1
Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando:
The Worlds Premier Halloween Event gets an early start. Submerge yourself in gore and screams in 10 themed haunted houses, scare zone and shows. Please note that event may be too intense for young children and is not recommended for those under the age of 13.
This years haunted houses are:
- The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmare: Its Music to your Fears. The Weeknd stalks you through this haunted house, his nightmare is now yours.
- Halloween: His Beginning is Your End. There is nobody like Michael Myers
- The Horrors of Blumhouse: Twice the Screams. Twice the Terror. Get ready for a bloodcurdling double feature.
- Universal Monsters: Legends Collide: It’s the Wolf Man vs. Dracula vs The Mummy. If you thought one Universal Monster was scary, how about three?
- Spirits of the Coven: They’re Bewithchingly Terrifying. A coven of witches will lure you into their 1920s speakeasy and reveal their true form.
- Bugs Eaten Alive: These Bugs are Out to Exterminate YOU! You’ll be surrounded by the slime of bugs everywhere as they descend upon you.
- Fiesta de Chupacabras: Listen to Your Abuela and Beware the Chupacabras. Visit a Latin American village where the legend is celebrated.
- Hellblock Horror: As These Monsters Escape Their Prison, There’s No Escape For You: Enter a prison whose savage inmates are monstrous creatures.
- Dead Man’s Pier: Winter’s Wake. You’re Dead in The Water: undead fishermen emerge to seek their revenge, will you survive?
- Descendants of Destruction: Deeper, Darker, Deadlier. Descend the subway tunnels of a deserted New York and escape the hungry mutants lurking in the shadows.
Magical Dining Month:
Support a great cause and dine at Orlando’s finest eateries. Throughout the month of September, enjoy three-course prix-fixe dinners for just $40 per person at Orlando’s most acclaimed restaurants. One dollar from every meal served will be donated to The Able Trust, a great organization supporting the expansion of employment opportunities for the disabled in Central Florida.
To view a full list of participating restaurants and make your reservation, click here
Craft Beer Festival at Busch Gardens:
Don’t miss the last few days of Thrills on Tap at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay. Each weekend, park guests can toast delicious brews at Busch Gardens’ beer- inspired food festival. Enjoy live entertainment and contemporary fare that pays homage to a traditional Oktoberfest with a modern spin.
Bier Fest is included with park admission. Food & Beverage available at an additional cost. For more information click here
Icon Park’s First Annual Oktoberfest
Starting Sept 16 through Oct 3, ICON Park will offer special beer, food and entertainment on Fridays from 5 to 10 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays from 2 to 10 p.m. Throughout the celebration, guests can get their fill of delicious German beers. The brews will pair perfectly with the traditional German dishes ICON Park is offering at The Lawn. Choose from Bratwurst and Sauerkraut, Chicken Schnitzel, Pretzels with Beer Cheese and, of course, Apple Strudel.
To learn more about ICON Park, visit https://iconparkorlando.com.
Ranch Rodeo Finals:
The 2022 Ranch Rodeo Finals & Cowboy Heritage Festival are happening this year on Sept 23 and Sept 24 at the Silver Spurs Arena in Kissimmee, FL.
For more information and tickets, click here
This list doesn’t include the tons of arts, music and various performances you can catch in September in Orlando. From Amy Schumer and Kevin Hart to Collective Soul and the Red Hot Chili Peppers, there are a lot of opportunities to catch your favorite artist.
Sports games you can’t miss this fall in Orlando Orlando City Soccer, Orlando Pride, and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Looking for accommodations this fall? Visit us at www.TripAwayProperties.com to book your next vacation rental. Questions? Comments? Call us at 407-403-5588