Happy New Year!
We are excited to welcome a new year of events and memories to be made. January is a great month to visit Orlando and Central Florida. The weather is great and generally warm, and you can expect sunshine and blue skies.
Of course, sometimes January can be cold so plan ahead.
As far as crowds, the first half of the month is still pretty busy so expect crowds and high wait times, the second half of the month there are considerably less crowds making it a great time to visit.
Take a look below at some of the events happening this January
SeaWorld Three Kings Celebration
Enjoy this lovely tradition on January 6th. You’re invited to celebrate and commemorate the arrival of the Three Wise Men with festive food and special performances in Nautilus Theater, Sea of Trees, and our festive holiday lights. Enjoy Latin-inspired dishes and drinks prepared exclusively for SeaWorld’s Three Kings Celebration. Menu items include empanadas (beef & cheese or chicken & cheese), tostones, and coquito. While new holiday flavors tempt guests’ taste buds; live musical street acts will have the family singing along to a variety of Latin holiday favorites.
Find more information here: https://seaworld.com/orlando/events/3-kings-celebration/
Busch Gardens Real Music Masters
Enjoy all- new music performances form January 17 to February 26 at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay’s longest running concert series. Performances will take place at Stanleyville Theater, grab a seat and see these memorable acts.
Concerts are included with park admission. Please check the schedule as dates, showtimes and other details are subject to change without notice.
You can find this year’s lineup below:
January 17-22: The Kings of Queen: One of the best Queen tribute bands honoring the legacy of Freddie Mercury.
January 24-29: Face 2 Face: Amazing tribute to Elton John and Billy Joel.
January 31 – February 5: Foreigners Journey: Top National touring act dedicated to performing the music of Foreigner and Journey
February 7 – 12: Steve Michaels as Elvis: International Award-Winning tribute artist
February 14 – February 19: Direct from Sweden: the closest ABBA experience you’ll get!
February 21 – February 26: The Purple Experience: Five piece group hailing from Prince’s birthplace, Minneapolis, MN.
For more information: https://buschgardens.com/tampa/events/real-music/
MECUM Kissimmee 2023
Mecum Kissimmee is the worlds largest collector car auction. Bidders can register in advance and receive a discount at www.mecum.com. Bidder registration will also be available on site. Reduced rate tickets can also be purchased in advance at Mecum.com. Tickets will be available on site.
To buy tickets visit https://www.ohpark.com/events/detail/mecum-kissimmee-2023
Busch Gardens Mardi Gras
Catch some festival beads, enjoy performers and classic cajun cuisine at this family-friendly Mardi Gras event. Busch Gardens Tampa Bay brings Mardi Gras to life from January 14 to March 5.
For more information, visit https://buschgardens.com/tampa/events/mardi-gras/
Epcot Festival of The Arts Presented by AT&T
Epcot’s Festival of the Arts celebrates art in all of its forms. Treat your palate to amazing bites filled with a creative twist, enjoy worldly eats around the park. Enjoy a kaleidoscope of visual arts experiences when you meet talented artists and witness incredible works of art come to life before your eyes.
Some of the things to look forward to are:
- Chalk Full of Characters: Look for charming chalk drawings of Disney characters around World Showcase. From Abu to Jiminy Cricket, an array of familiar faces wait to be discovered. How many can you find?
- Drawing on Inspiration: Celebrating 50 Years of Magic: Behold dazzling depictions of Walt Disney World attractions illustrated by Disney Imagineers.
- Figment’s Brush with the Masters: Help Figment learn about art on this scavenger hunt around World Showcase. To get started, purchase your map and stickers (while supplies last) for $9.99 plus tax then, search for Figment hiding inside art inspired by famous works at each World Showcase Pavilion—just look for the Figment-themed picture frame. Every time you find Figment, add the corresponding sticker to the Pavilion on your map. Once your journey is complete, return your map to Disney Traders or World Traveler for an artful small keepsake!
- Chalk Art Galleries: Watch imaginative chalk artists at work—taking inspiration from great art and the world around them. Chalk art galleries are located along the bridge to World Showcase Plaza.
- Kids Chalk Art: Kids, create your very own chalk-art masterpiece!. This experience is offered at the bridge to World Showcase Plaza from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM daily.
- Artful Photo Ops: Step into an artistic backdrop and strike a pose for a fantastic photo.
- International Gateway: Luncheon of the Boating Party – Pierre-Auguste Renoir
- The American Adventure: Washington Crossing the Delaware – Emanuel Leutze
- Between Italy Pavilion and Germany Pavilion: Mona Lisa – Leonardo da Vinci
- Between Italy Pavilion and Germany Pavilion: The Scream – Edvard Munch
- Mexico Pavilion: An homage to Frida Kahlo
- Bridge to World Showcase: Peter Pan Storybook
- Italy Pavilion Courtyard: Birth of Venus – Sandro Botticelli
- Bridge to World Showcase: Café Terrace at Night and Sunflowers – Vincent van Gogh
- Expression Section: A Paint by Numbers Mural: Leave your creative mark on a larger-than-life wall mural. Visit the Expression Section booth to pick up paint, a brush, and your assigned number. Then, paint a few squares of our massive mural that correspond with your paint color—from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM daily.
- Animation Academy: Learn how to draw a Disney Character during this session led by an animation artist! Stop by America Gardens Theatre from 12:30 PM to 1:00 PM daily
- Art in Performance: Enjoy a kaleidoscope of visual arts experiences when you meet talented artists and witness incredible works of art come to life before your eyes. Daily signings and select live performances take place throughout the festival. View the 2023 Artist Appearance Schedule.
- Art Defying Gravity: Witness incredible displays of strength, grace, acrobatics and agility. Performances take place in World Showcase Plaza, Saturday through Wednesday during the Festival.
- Music: Hear harmonious musical performances daily in World Showcase Plaza. Featured musicians include:
- Nicholas Marks, playing guitar Thursday through Saturday
- Victor Espinola, playing harp Monday through Friday
Let us know your favorite event in January in Orlando. Check out our calendar for availability for your travel dates, visit www.TripawayProperties.com